Under the general direction of the director, the Genealogist and Circulation Clerk performs specialized tasks related to the operations of the Kentucky Room as well as the circulation of library materials. These tasks include educating and assisting patrons in the Kentucky Room as well as curating the Kentucky Room collection and databases. In addition to working in the Kentucky Room, this staff member will work at the circulation desk. Here they will aid in the efficient operation of the circulation desk and all areas this includes. This staff member interacts with the public and staff and is expected to serve all patrons with tolerance and patience. Creating an atmosphere of acceptance and access as well as a strong commitment to customer service, integrity, honesty, tolerance, flexibility, and confidentiality.
- Required- High School Diploma/GED
- Required- Ability to work posted schedule and fill in when needed
- Preferred- Library or Related Experience
- Preferred- Library/Information Science Coursework
- Must be able to pass a background check
Every other Saturday 8:30-5