The Cynthiana-Harrison County Public Library is proud to support the Kentucky Library Association’s statement on racial inequality, as well as those made by the American Library Association and the Black Caucus of the American Library Association. Your library staff is committed to providing equal access to materials, information, and programming to all in Harrison County. Equality is an essential part of our library’s values, and libraries are essential in providing access to materials and information for everyone.
Check out the link to play a Breakout Game online for FREE!! There are several games and they are for all different age groups from young children to adults. Just click on the link to get started on your next virtual adventure! Then let us know if you BROKE OUT!
It’s that time of year again! Despite the current pandemic, we still hold a Summer Reading Program for kids and adults alike! We will be providing curbside services and online tracking so you can complete your journey.
June 1st – Summer Reading kicks off!
Beanstack-Online Summer Reading Program
This year we are using an online program to track library events and your reading progress. You will earn badges and tickets by reading and other fun activities. You can sign up using our link or by downloading the Beanstack App on your smartphone or tablet.
Complete Activities and earn badges. Earn tickets when you complete badges to be entered to win summer reading prizes!
- Each child earns a free book after they have completed 7 badges.
- Adults receive a bag and flashlight after they have completed 7 badges.
Children’s Grand Prizes
- Melinda’s Boutique Gift Card – Melinda’s Boutique is a family owned business in Cynthiana, Kentucky, offering a variety of clothing selections for babies to tweens and everything in between.
- Moonlite Storybook Projector – Your child’s favorite tales come alive with Moonlite, an easy-to-use storybook projector! This small device clips onto your phone and uses the flashlight to project vibrant storybook images onto any surface!The Moonlite app displays story text and plays charming sound effects, creating an immersive and magical story time experience for you and your child.
- Rohs Opera House Gift Card – The Rohs Opera House proudly offers movies on a new state of the art digital projector. Grab the popcorn and enjoy the movie!
- Kindle Kids Edition – Ideal for both beginner and experienced chapter book readers, Kindle Kids Edition is designed just for reading, which means no distractions from apps, videos or games. Includes a colorful cover, 1 year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, and a 2-year worry free guarantee.
- Deluxe Mega Wood Box Art, Painting & Drawing Set – 142-Piece Wood Box Drawing Set Includes: 24 colored pencils, 24 oil pastels, 24 watercolor cakes, 60 Wax Crayons, 3 Mixing trays, 2 drawing pencils, 2 paint brushes, sharpener, ruler, eraserField Sketch Book, Watercolor Paper Pad, Drawing Sketch Pad, 15-Piece Brush Set, 10-Well Plastic Palette & Color Mixing Wheel
- Fujifilm instax Mini 9 Instant Camera – Fujifilm instax Mini 9 Instant Camera and one Mini Film Twin Pack (20 Sheets) Snaps and prints pictures that fit in your wallet. Compact and lightweight design. Macro Lens for close-ups from 35-50cm away, adjustable brightness and selfie mirror.
Adult Grand Prizes:
- Eat Local, Shop Local! $25 gift certificates to a variety of Local Restaurants and Businesses
August 15th – Summer Reading Ice Cream Social Distancing Party
Drive Thru for a Free Sweet Treat and to pick up summer reading prizes!
Paper Reading Log
If you don’t have access to the Internet or have a smartphone, you can download the paper Summer Reading Log here.
Because we are now living in historic times, we would like to encourage all Harrison County residents to contribute to a file we will create about living in Harrison County during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are interested in your thoughts, feelings, and experiences. Write either on paper or electronically, whichever is your preference. You can contribute as much or as little as you wish. Once we know when the library will re-open, we will announce that we are taking contributions. After the library has an opportunity to curate the documents this file will be available to the public.
Follow this link for prompts to help you get started http://cynthianalibrary.org/history-as-it-happens/. Check out our Facebook page throughout the rest of our closure for additional prompts.