How do I…
Obtain a library card?
Place an item on hold?
Renew items on my account?
Reset the password for my account?
Return items if the library is closed?
Pay my library fines?
Find out when my items are due back to the library?
What services are available at the library?
…obtain a library card?
Any resident, property owner, business owner or person who is employed in Cynthiana, Kentucky, aged 18 or over, may receive an adult library card that permits use of the physical collection upon completion of an application and provision of proof of identification (ID) and current address.
- Acceptable photo ID and proof of current address shall be one or more of the following:
- Valid Kentucky driver’s license or other government issued photo ID with current address
- Military picture ID
- Utility bill
- Printed checks
- Canceled mail, postmarked within the last two weeks
- Typed lease that shows the address
- Acceptable proof of Cynthiana employment :
A pay stub dated within the past 30 days listing a Cynthiana address for the employer.
For children under 18 years of age to receive a library card…
- Both the parent or guardian/ minor applicant must be present at the time of the application.
- The parent/guardian must present valid identification and proof of residency. (See acceptable forms of identification for library card applications listed above).
- A parent/guardian must give written permission for the minor to check out videos.
- A parent/guardian must be present and give verbal permission for a minor to check out a video labeled must be 18.
…place an item on hold?
Type in the title of the book or item you want in the search box at the top of this page. Click on reserve. You will be prompted to type in your library card number and password/pin. Don’t forget you will need a password to do this. Search for the title or author you want and after finding your item click the “reserve button.”
…renew items on my account?
Click on the my account button. You will be prompted to enter your library card number and password/pin. Go to items on loan; click on renew beside the item you want to renew.
…reset the password for my account?
Click on the catalog button. Click on my account. You will be prompted to enter your barcode. Click on forgot password and submit. You will receive an email message with further instructions. You may also call the library at (859) 234-4881 to reset or add a password.
…return items if the library is closed?
The library offers a book drop on the side of the building for return of library materials.
…pay my library fines?
Library fines can be paid by cash or check only at this time. If you should have any questions, please contact us at (859) 234-4881.
…find out when my items are due back to the library?
Click on the catalog button. Click on my account. You will be prompted to enter your barcode and password/pin and submit. This will bring you to the patron details page where your items on loan are listed with the due dates.
…what services are available at the library?
Please note that due to Covid-19 restrictions not all of these will always be available. Please call the library if you have questions.
- Copiers – Black and white copies cost $0.10 per page. Color Copies cost $0.25 per page.
- Computers – The library provides free access to 10 public computers and 8 laptops. These computers are loaded with various software such as Microsoft Word, Publisher, Powerpoint, and Excel. These computers have DSL access. We provide a computer for scanning documents.
- Fax machine – Faxes cost $1.00 for every five pages. Payments may be made by cash or check.
- Internet Access – Free Wi-Fi is available. We circulate laptops for use within the building. You may access our Wi-Fi with your personal laptop or device, but will be unable to print from your own device.
- Meeting room and study room are available for reservation.
- Notary Public – Cynthiana-Harrison County Public Library offers this service free of charge Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Interlibrary Loan – Materials that are unavailable at the Cynthiana Library can be borrowed from other participating libraries. Any item not owned by this library may be requested through this service.
- Databases – We offer access to a number of databases which can be accessed from our databases page.
- Exhibits – The front foyer has exhibit cases to showcase educational, informational, creative and artistic exhibits.