- The library community room is available for both individuals and organizations. Since the library is a tax-supported facility, it may be used only by non-profit organizations whose membership is open to all without restrictions based on race, sex, or religious creed.
- Commercial or profit-making organizations sponsoring educational programs of a non-profit nature will be permitted to use the room on a case-by-case basis provided the meetings are open and free to the general public and do not include selling, solicitation, or order taking.
- Religious and partisan political promotions are prohibited on the premises.
- Library programming will have first priority in scheduling room use.
- The community room will be available during regular library hours on a first come/first reserved basis. Usage running after library hours must be approved by the Library Director.
- One person from the organization shall be responsible to the library for the group’s use of the room. That person must complete a reservation form and leave a $50 refundable deposit in order to reserve the facility.
- No reservations will be taken over the phone.
- Applications may be rejected and previously granted permission may be withdrawn for violation of library rules or conduct inconsistent with library rules and regulations.
- Reservations may only be made by an adult, 18 years of age or older during business hours of 9:00-5:00, Monday through Friday.
Rules for Use
- When advertising meetings, any group that is not part of the library’s program must include a disclaimer in any printed, displayed or verbal advertisement. The disclaimer must read, “This program is not sponsored by the Cynthiana-Harrison County Public Library.”
- The user is responsible for all table and chair arrangements, including any set up and take down.
- The people using the room shall leave it in a neat, clean, and orderly condition including any equipment used.
- The user will be responsible for any costs resulting from damage to the meeting room. The deposit will not be refunded. Future use of the community room will be denied.
- Refreshments may be served in the room, and organizations using it shall provide equipment and utensils that will be needed.
- Clean-up is the responsibility of the user. Failure to clean up will mean a loss of the deposit.
- Alcoholic beverages of any nature are prohibited on all library premises.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the building but allowed on the outside grounds.
- Granting permission for the use of the community room does not imply endorsement by the Cynthiana-Harrison County Public Library or the Board of Trustees of the user or the user’s beliefs.
- All groups will agree to hold the Cynthiana-Harrison County Public Library and the Board of Trustees free from any loss, damage, liability, costs, and/or expense that may arise during or to be caused in any way by such use of library facilities.
- The library cannot be responsible for loss or damage to exhibits left in the room or personal property of those attending the meeting.