We are currently using our Community Room to quarantine the items that patrons return to us after using at home. At this time we quarantine each item for 7 days. We also use this room as our Curbside Service room. Because of the space required to do both of these things in addition to the current space requirements and limits on in person meetings, our Community Room is not available to reserve at this time. Please call us at 234-4881 if you would like more information, or to check to see if we have changed our procedures, or to see if limits have been lifted. We are very sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and flexibility.
- The library community room is available for both individuals and organizations. Since the library is a tax-supported facility, it may be used only by non-profit organizations whose membership is open to all without restrictions based on race, sex, or religious creed.
- Commercial or profit-making organizations sponsoring educational programs of a non-profit nature will be permitted to use the room on a case-by-case basis provided the meetings are open and free to the general public and do not include selling, solicitation, or order taking.
- Religious and partisan political promotions are prohibited on the premises.
- Library programming will have first priority in scheduling room use.
- The community room will be available during regular library hours on a first come/first reserved basis. Usage running after library hours must be approved by the Library Director.
- One person from the organization shall be responsible to the library for the group’s use of the room. That person must complete a reservation form and leave a $50 refundable deposit in order to reserve the facility.
- No reservations will be taken over the phone.
- Applications may be rejected and previously granted permission may be withdrawn for violation of library rules or conduct inconsistent with library rules and regulations.
- Reservations may only be made by an adult, 18 years of age or older during business hours of 9:00-5:00, Monday through Friday.
Rules for Use
- When advertising meetings, any group that is not part of the library’s program must include a disclaimer in any printed, displayed or verbal advertisement. The disclaimer must read, “This program is not sponsored by the Cynthiana-Harrison County Public Library.”
- The user is responsible for all table and chair arrangements, including any set up and take down.
- The people using the room shall leave it in a neat, clean, and orderly condition including any equipment used.
- The user will be responsible for any costs resulting from damage to the meeting room. The deposit will not be refunded. Future use of the community room will be denied.
- Refreshments may be served in the room, and organizations using it shall provide equipment and utensils that will be needed.
- Clean-up is the responsibility of the user. Failure to clean up will mean a loss of the deposit.
- Alcoholic beverages of any nature are prohibited on all library premises.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the building but allowed on the outside grounds.
- Granting permission for the use of the community room does not imply endorsement by the Cynthiana-Harrison County Public Library or the Board of Trustees of the user or the user’s beliefs.
- All groups will agree to hold the Cynthiana-Harrison County Public Library and the Board of Trustees free from any loss, damage, liability, costs, and/or expense that may arise during or to be caused in any way by such use of library facilities.
- The library cannot be responsible for loss or damage to exhibits left in the room or personal property of those attending the meeting.