Harrison County’s “History As it Happens”
Because we are now living in historic times, we would like to encourage all Harrison County residents to contribute to a file we will create about living in Harrison County during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are interested in your thoughts, feelings, and experiences. Write either on paper or electronically, whichever is your preference. You can contribute as much or as little as you wish. Once we know when the library will re-open, we will announce that we are taking contributions. After the library has an opportunity to curate the documents this file will be available to the public.
Below are some suggestions of ways to record your memories and some writing prompts to help get you started:
- Since Kentucky began to open back up after the Quarantine, has your life gone back to normal?
- What hardships did you or your family face during the initial closure, has the situation improved since many restrictions have been lifted?
- What precautions do you and your family take to keep yourselves and other safe when in public?
- How have the children in your family handled this situation. Schools in Kentucky did not start in person classes the way the normally do. What was it like to start a new school year from home? What did you or your children struggle with most?
- How do you feel like your community handled the pandemic and the closures?
- How long do you think it will be until everything returns to normal? Will things ever go back to the way they were before?
- If you are a college student, please explain what your experience has been like since campuses have begun to reopen.
Please submit your contribution to [email protected] or bring it into the library in person. Thank you for contributing to this historic community project.