To get your login information to access KYVL databases, log in to your library account here.
- Teaches kids how to do research
- Search for information icon – click on each item, and learn what it is and how to use it
- Web icon – learn what the internet is and how to use it for research
- Notes – learn different methods for taking notes
- Use Info – provides steps to follow for using the information from your notes
- Report – shows different ways to share your information, such as reports, poems, brochures, plays, games, songs, etc.
- ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy is a subscription-based digital education program for children ages 2–8, created by Age of Learning, Inc.
- Subscribers can access learning activities on the ABCmouse.com website or mobile app.
- Offers books, games, puzzles, and videos in both English and Spanish
- Language Learning – Spanish and French
- Videos that read books and quizzes
- Regular books and Math books available
- Offers books on a variety of math topics
- Tips for learning math
(use it the same way for Elementary, Middle, and High School, just different topics)
- Search photos
- Choice of 4 reading levels
- Click photos for more information
- Click on an article to either read it yourself or have it read aloud to you
- Learn how to cite an article, email, or print it.
- List of further readings and related sites, selected and reviewed by editors.
- Dictionaries of words and phrases
- GoTube Videos
Atlas – Geopolitical & Thematic
- Many articles & how to cite them
- Articles link to additional information, such as agriculture, climate, communication, etc.
- Exploration- click for information on each country
- Map search
- Global distances – list of cities to choose from to show their distance between each other
- Articles for 6 different categories
- List of keywords with their definitions, articles, and photos, plus related icons to click on.
- Print, email, cite the article, increase or decrease the font, translate with a different language, or share it to Google classroom.
Funk & Wagnalls New Encyclopedia (same information for Middle School )
- Click on search results to access a full text article. It includes the source, publication information, document type, and word count.
- Choice of language and voice accent
- Within the text, you can click on keywords for additional information.
- 3 different fields to choose from
- Search modes and expanders.
- Search history is saved, so you can return to previous articles
- List of local sources and major U.S. sources to click on for information
- Formats, topics, services, insights, search options
- Content from the year 2017 and up
Explora (same for Elementary, Middle and High School with different topics)
- Variety of topics to research with full text articles that also cite their sources
- Choice of languages
Britannica eBooks (same for Elementary, Middle and High with different books depending on grade levels)
- Search specific titles or scroll down to select a book
- List of device it will work on, book description, age, reading level, # of pages, language choice.
- If it’s part of a series, it will link you top the series and show a list of those
- Read online or offline.
- Read – audiobooks
- Explore – choose subject
- Play – Math, Language Arts
- Create – draw or paint
NoveList (same for Elementary, Middle and High with different books depending on grade levels)
- Choose from age groups, topics, genres, basic and advanced search
- Click on a title to view a description of the book.
School Center (same for Elementary, Middle and High with information based on the grade level)
- Practice sessions
- Practice tests, tutorials, eBooks, and articles
- Middle School offers High School entrance exams preparation
- K-8 collection
- High School Collection
- Change languages
- Choose databases
- Select a field, publication dates, author, title, publisher, ISBN