Stop by the library or print out this form to complete our CHCPL Reads Challenge! Read a book from all twelve categories and turn in the form at the circulation desk when you have completed the challenge! This reading challenge is for all ages! Read books and win prizes!
The Log Cabin Digital Archives
Search our county’s oldest digitally archived newspaper, the Log Cabin.
CHCPL Text Line
Text “BOOKS” to 859-234-1400 to stay update with everything that is happening at the library. You don’t have to miss another program!
Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Guys, you don’t want to miss this! It is going to be so much fun! Decorate a pumpkin as any book character, the possibilities are endless. If you need some inspiration, click on the link for ideas https://www.craftymorning.com/storybook-character-pumpkin-ideas/ .
Drop off your decorated pumpkin off starting Monday October 18th-Saturday, October 23rd to be entered into the contest. Your decorated pumpkin will be displayed in the library. Voting will begin on October 25th at the library and winners will be announced on October 31st. Winners will receive a prize and all participants will receive a participation prize! The contest is for the all ages from the youngest family member to the oldest. If you have questions, please call the library at 234-4881.
*****WE CAN NOT ACCEPT CARVED PUMPKINS******
Fall Reading Challenge
The Fall Reading Challenge is from October 1st-November 30th. It is so easy to sign up, just go to https://cynthianalibrary.beanstack.org/reader365 or download the Beanstack App on your smart phone or tablet. Read books, complete challenges, and earn tickets to win prizes. The Reading Challenge is for all ages from the youngest to oldest family member. If you have questions, please call the library at 234-4881.
Horsing Around With Hank
We are going to have a special visitor at the library on Saturday September 18th! Come to the library and horse around with Hank that day, learn about his special story from his owner Tammi Regan and participate in fun horse themed activities! September is library card sign up month and I think Hank might get his very own library card that day! I wonder what Hank’s favorite book is? I bet we will find out on September 18th. Make plans to attend this fun family event. Call 234-4881 if you have questions.
Do You Hoopla?
CHCPL is excited to announce that we are offering Hoopla. Discover a new way to read, listen, and watch with Hoopla. Hoopla offers digital books, audiobooks, music, television, and movie downloads with no waits. Each Patron is allowed 5 instant downloads each month. It’s easy to get started, you can download the App or go to http://hoopladigital.com to create an account. If you need help getting started or have questions, please call the library at 234-4881.
Introducing our newest project at CHCPL, our brand new Story Walk. This is a permanent story walk located on the lower walking trail at Flat Runs Veteran Park. It features a wonderful book, From Head To Toe by Eric Carle. We encourage you to take your family out for stroll and enjoy a story. This project was made possible by funding by the Kentucky Humanities and the National Endowment for the Humanities as part of the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security Act, as well as the Wm. Frank Lebus, Jr. Library Fund.
A statement from the Cynthiana-Harrison County Public Library Director and Board of Trustees
The Cynthiana-Harrison County Public Library is proud to support the Kentucky Library Association’s statement on racial inequality, as well as those made by the American Library Association and the Black Caucus of the American Library Association. Your library staff is committed to providing equal access to materials, information, and programming to all in Harrison County. Equality is an essential part of our library’s values, and libraries are essential in providing access to materials and information for everyone.
Summer Reading 2020!
It’s that time of year again! Despite the current pandemic, we still hold a Summer Reading Program for kids and adults alike! We will be providing curbside services and online tracking so you can complete your journey.
June 1st – Summer Reading kicks off!
Beanstack-Online Summer Reading Program
This year we are using an online program to track library events and your reading progress. You will earn badges and tickets by reading and other fun activities. You can sign up using our link or by downloading the Beanstack App on your smartphone or tablet.
Complete Activities and earn badges. Earn tickets when you complete badges to be entered to win summer reading prizes!
- Each child earns a free book after they have completed 7 badges.
- Adults receive a bag and flashlight after they have completed 7 badges.
Children’s Grand Prizes
- Melinda’s Boutique Gift Card – Melinda’s Boutique is a family owned business in Cynthiana, Kentucky, offering a variety of clothing selections for babies to tweens and everything in between.
- Moonlite Storybook Projector – Your child’s favorite tales come alive with Moonlite, an easy-to-use storybook projector! This small device clips onto your phone and uses the flashlight to project vibrant storybook images onto any surface!The Moonlite app displays story text and plays charming sound effects, creating an immersive and magical story time experience for you and your child.
- Rohs Opera House Gift Card – The Rohs Opera House proudly offers movies on a new state of the art digital projector. Grab the popcorn and enjoy the movie!
- Kindle Kids Edition – Ideal for both beginner and experienced chapter book readers, Kindle Kids Edition is designed just for reading, which means no distractions from apps, videos or games. Includes a colorful cover, 1 year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, and a 2-year worry free guarantee.
- Deluxe Mega Wood Box Art, Painting & Drawing Set – 142-Piece Wood Box Drawing Set Includes: 24 colored pencils, 24 oil pastels, 24 watercolor cakes, 60 Wax Crayons, 3 Mixing trays, 2 drawing pencils, 2 paint brushes, sharpener, ruler, eraserField Sketch Book, Watercolor Paper Pad, Drawing Sketch Pad, 15-Piece Brush Set, 10-Well Plastic Palette & Color Mixing Wheel
- Fujifilm instax Mini 9 Instant Camera – Fujifilm instax Mini 9 Instant Camera and one Mini Film Twin Pack (20 Sheets) Snaps and prints pictures that fit in your wallet. Compact and lightweight design. Macro Lens for close-ups from 35-50cm away, adjustable brightness and selfie mirror.
Adult Grand Prizes:
- Eat Local, Shop Local! $25 gift certificates to a variety of Local Restaurants and Businesses
August 15th – Summer Reading Ice Cream Social Distancing Party
Drive Thru for a Free Sweet Treat and to pick up summer reading prizes!
Paper Reading Log
If you don’t have access to the Internet or have a smartphone, you can download the paper Summer Reading Log here.
Connect with us